If you’re participating in the Body After Baby Challenge, we’re entering week two! How’s everyone doing?
This week, I want to encourage you to take a close look at your goals. A goal that will end up being successful is one that is specific, realistic, measurable and has long term and short term goals wrapped up in the ultimate goal. If you say, ” I want to lose 10 pounds,” you need to have a specific short term goal, such as, ” I want to lose .5 pounds a week” followed by a specific plan such as, ” I will run 4 days a week and cut out sugar.” How are you going to measure your progress? By pictures, measurement, scale numbers? Pick one and stick with it.
There are many exercises you can do at your home
with your baby. These strength training moves are great for toning your muscles while bonding and playing with your baby.
Try these at home:
- Push up over your baby. Place your baby on his back on a mat and do a modified push up over him. Kiss his nose on your way down!
- Squats with baby. This can be done by either holding your baby or putting him in a front carrier.
- Sit ups with baby. Bend your legs and carefully put your baby on your legs, (hold her!) and crunch up to see her.
Walking or running with your baby is a good cardiovascular workout – especially pushing the stroller up a big hill. Have you tried that? HARD! I mean, really.
There are also a lot of great exercises videos that you can do in the comfort of your own living room while the baby is napping! Does anyone use these? Have any recommendations?
Even though I wasn’t able to get to the gym as much as I wanted, I did lose a pound this week which I’m happy about. My goals for this week are to get to the gym 5 days this week, drink 3 liters of water a day, and cut out all sugar.
If you want to participate in this challenge, it’s not to late! All you have to do is decide that you want to do it, then do it! Leave your link below in Mister Linky.
For those of you that are new with using Mister Linky. the rules are as follows:
– You must mention Body After Baby in your post with a link back to my blog. Something like, ” I’m joining in the Body After Baby Challenge on Mama Notes”, with a link or something similar. I am providing a way for you to leave your blog addresses, so it’s only fair that you return the favor. This also provides away for other’s to see what you’re talking about so they can join in the challenge!!
– You must put your actual Body After Baby post url into Mr.Linky NOT just your web addresses.
– If you don’t do these things, I WILL delete it and you’re welcome to do it again the right way. 🙂
Sorry for being a stickler on this, but this is just the name of the game and how Mr. Linky works! Thanks for understanding!
So, how did we all do? Leave your link so we can all continue to motivate and encourage one another! Be sure to include your progress, if you completed your goals for week one
, and what your goals are for this