Our first mommy interview is from Heather. Enjoy!
1. How many kids do you have and how old are they?
I have 1 son, who will soon be 3.
2. What is the best part about being a mom?
Watching my son, BB, grow and change on a near-daily basis. He’s at the age where he picks up on everything he sees and hears, and either copies or parrots it back. Sometimes the results are really funny!
3. What’s the hardest part?
Being consistent. I always thought that I was a disciplined person before my son was born, but he has shown me that I’m not.
4. What has happened to you as a mother that you never expected?
I empathize more with people now. I have never been that emotional, but now any story about a child growing up, or anything bad happening to a child has me in tears. I never realized just how completely I would find my whole world changed by one little person.
5. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
It gets better! I had a horrible postpartum time. I don’t know if I just had really bad “baby blues,” or if I had PPD, because I was scared to talk to anyone about what I was feeling. I didn’t want to be the crazy new mom. Even if you just think that you have a bad case of baby blues, it doesn’t hurt to talk to your doctor or someone you trust.
6. What are your values and beliefs in raising your children?
This is a hard question to answer briefly! In a nutshell, I am pretty traditional, but I do pay attention to modern research. My husband works, and I stay at home. We plan on homeschooling our son and any future children, at least for the first few years.
7. What was the biggest change that happened once you had your first baby?
I have to plan my day a lot more. I can’t easily zip over to the store if I forget something.
8. What is your favorite part of the day with your kids?
I’d have to say probably right after his bath when he’s all clean and in pajamas. We read a story before bedtime and I get to cuddle with him for a few minutes. He’s pretty active, so I don’t get many times during the day that he’s sitting still.
9. Do you have a favorite age?
Ask me this in 20 years. Currently, every age has been my favorite. There are pros and cons to every age.
10. What do you and your kids do for fun?
We go to the playground with friends.
11. How do you feel about kids and television? Do your kids watch TV?
Before I had my son, I said that my child wouldn’t watch TV. But I find that I turn the TV on when I need to get something done without interruption.
12. What’s your #1 mom tip?
Plan ahead. You will make better parenting choices if you feel prepared for a situation.
13. Where do you blog at and what do you write about?
You can find me at www.heathershodgepodge.blogspot.com I blog about anything and everything.
14. Anything else you’d like to tell us about?
Be sure to check out my blogroll on my sidebar to find a lot more great blogs!