Here is a great interview from Kayce.
1. How many kids do you have and how old are they?
I have a 2 year old daughter
2. What is the best part about being a mom?
I think the best part about being a mom is having someone that looks up to you and loves you unconditionally. You can make booboos go away with a kiss and your kids give the best hugs.
3. What’s the hardest part?
Having to tell them no. It just breaks my daughter’s heart if she can’t have something she wants and I say no.
4. What has happened to you as a mother that you never expected?
I never expected to feel the way I do about my daughter. It’s stronger than anything anyone had ever described.
5. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?
Don’t listen to “advice” strangers give you. Most times it just makes you mad, and then you want to prove them wrong haha.
6. What our values and belief’s in raising your children?
I want them to be the best people they can be. Don’t lie, don’t cheat, don’t steal. And of course that God is out there and he watches over us all the time. And to let them be their own person. You can’t make them into who you want them to be. Give them a little free reign every once in awhile.
7. What was the biggest change that happened once you had your first baby?
Spending my time doing other things besides reading and video games. I love playing with my daughter, but it’s a huge thing to not have that much time to yourself everyday.
8. What is your favorite part of the day with your kids?
I work everyday, and so my favorite is right when I get off work and my daughter runs to the door and gives me hugs and kisses. It makes me feel so loved.
9. Do you have a favorite age?
My favorite age would have to be newborns to about 4 months. Just holding them close and knowing that they truly depend on you is one of my favorites.
10. What do you and your kids do for fun?
We go to the park, play games, read books, chase the cat. We do strange things around our house -haha.
11. How do you feel about kids and television? Do your kids watch TV?
My daughter has never been one for TV. She is too busy. But, she loves to sit and watch Veggietales and Winnie the Pooh. I don’t have a problem with them watching television as long as they don’t become one of those kids that sits in front of the TV all day and does nothing else.
12. What’s your #1 mom tip?
Enjoy it while you can! They are never the same age again, and one day you will wonder where the time went if you didn’t pay close enough attention.
13. Where do you blog at and what do you write about?
I have a family blog at http://ekalbtwin.blogspot.com that is pretty much just about what we are up to and such. I also have a blog just for pregnancy, babies, all that stuff. I am training to be a doula, so I am just writing everything I learn. That one is athttp://kaycesdoulajourney.blogspot.com.
14. Anything else you’d like to tell us about?
No matter how bad it gets, parenting is the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life. I wouldn’t trade it for the world