I don’t cook. I can’t cook. The fact that I’m even writing about cooking and am about to include a recipe for something I cooked is quite hilarious to me. Seriously makes me scratch my head.
I have no idea what I’m talking about.
Don’t listen to anything I have to say in regards to cooking.
Before I give you this recipe I want to tell you something.
I got this new fancy smansy bottle to hold the olive oil in. I love to use it so I’ve been adding olive oil to practically anything. I say, “babe look!” and I sort of sassy pants and gracefully pour some olive oil on a pan. Just like that.
I’m like so Rachel Ray.
I’m not taking credit for this recipe. I didn’t make it up. But I also don’t have the source for it- it was from some magazine I read years and years and years ago, centuries ago really, and the other day when I thought, I want to make pizza!, I remembered it.
It’s really not complicated. Actually it’s rather simple and the ingredients are few- maybe you could add more to the list! Peppers perhaps?
– Boboli pizza crust
– Chicken (1 or 2 breast)
– BBQ sauce ( lots)
– Tomatoes (1 or 2)
– Mozzarella cheese (lots)
In case you need directions:
1. Put all of your ingredients on the kitchen counter. Do a sassy pants move because you can cook! You are cooking!!
2. Smile in delight
3. Turn oven on to 450.
4. Make chicken on the stove top. Cut it up into small pieces.
5. Mix it with BBQ sauce. The recipe calls for a cup (I believe) but you don’t really need to measure. My husband says it’s not a good idea to not measure when you don’t really know what you’re doing, so I don’t measure. I live on the wild side.
6. After you have a bowl full of BBQ chicken pieces, spread it over your pizza dough.
5. Add cut up tomatoes.
6. Add cheese. Lots and lots of cheese.
7. Put it in the oven for, I think, about 12 minutes.
8. Check on it every 3 minutes so you don’t burn it.
9. When it’s ready, take it out of the oven and sprinkle just the right amount of green stuff on it. Frankly I think this stuff taste gross and it’s really just for the looks. It jazzes up your pizza if you will.
10. Let it cool for 2 1/2 minutes or so, cut it up in pizza slices and EAT!
And there you have it folks! A home made healthy pizza!
I’m probably bias and maybe I’m comparing this to the burnt chicken I made the other day, but I thought it was really good! Even taste good for leftovers! In fact, just looking at these pictures is making me salivate. I think I might make it again. Oh the horror!
Yes, I eat my pizza with a fork. Always. It drives people batty.
Enjoy! If you ended up making this I’d love to hear how it turned out and if you liked it! Or if you have a similar version to this with more or different ingredients tell me about it! Please?