Because life is short.
1. Stay up late watching movies in bed. Have a family movie night. In your bed. Bring the TV in. Eat popcorn in bed. In your pajamas. Fall asleep together. Clean up the mess tomorrow.
2. Run through the sprinklers. Hold hands and act like you’re dancing through the Mary Poppins field. Be happily ever after.
3. Spend the afternoon at the park. The entire afternoon with no cell phone, computer, or “real life” distractions. Bring a blanket, a soccer ball, and a sack lunch. Nap on the grass, stay out past the kid’s bedtime and watch the stars.
4. Read an extra story at bedtime. Two maybe.
5. Turn up the music too loud and dance around the living room. Sing and dance and use the remote as a microphone.
6. Rock your baby to sleep. Until she is fast asleep. She has the rest of her life to figure out how to fall asleep on her own.
7. Take the kids swimming and get in the water with them. Get off the lounge chair and get in and play. Swim under water with them. Blow bubbles. Throw them in the air. Make funny faces to each other under water. Play until your skin is past wrinkly.
8. Take pictures. Capture simple things like a sleeping baby, a walking toddler, a child sitting in the grass, a kid coloring. Take too many. Take your camera with you and photograph the entire day.