- Water makes your skin healthier. Because water hydrates your skin, it makes you look younger, reduces wrinkles, helps ward off and prevent acne, and helps you to look “fresh” and more awake.
- Water aids in weight loss. When I diet, water is a key component of it. It helps me tremendously in losing weight. Drinking water helps you to feel full longer and ward off cravings. Often times when you feel hungry, drinking a glass of water can make you feel full until your next meal time. It speeds up your weight loss, increases metabolism, and regulates your appetite. More times than not, if you feel hungry, it’s actually because your thirsty for water. The next time you feel hungry (but already ate breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack) try drinking a glass of water instead!
- Water gives you energy and makes you feel better. Have a headache? Water will almost always help it go away because usually, when you’re dehydrated, your head hurts.
- Water helps you maintain your body temperature.
- Drinking water is an aid in digestion and can actually improve your digestion if you drink it before or during a meal.
Your body is estimated to be 60% water, which if you think about that in terms of your body as a whole- 100%-then 60% of your body being made up of water is quite a bit. In fact, that’s downright a huge portion of what your body is made of. Water is essential to thrive, grow, and function in life. Without water, we would die. So many organs in our bodies are made up of water (the brain is 80% water!) that we simply need water for those organs to function properly and to their full potential.
Water is pure and natural. You can’t get healthier than water. There are no added chemicals, sugars, or ingredients. Water has many functions, all of which are essential and very important to your health and body. Water helps eliminate waste and toxins from your body and because water acts as a solvent, it helps deliver nutrients to the cells in your body.
How much water do you need? It’s slightly going to depend on your activity level, but in my opinion, the more water you can drink- the better. It is recommended that you consume a minimum of 8 glasses a day which ( as everything) is just a guideline. If you feel thirsty, you’re beyond thirsty and thus dehydrated. Sipping on water throughout the day and always having water with you makes it easy for you to stay hydrated and feeling good.
I personally love water. The only beverage I even like and drink besides water is Diet Coke, lemonade, and milk. The more water I drink, the better I feel, the better my skin looks, and yes, the more I pee but I’ve mastered the art of using the bathroom while holding my baby, so it’s really no problem.
How much water do you drink?