My baby boy is 9 months old today!
We went to Target today. A-ma-zing. Nothing like a good Target to make a girl feel good. I bought him a new toy. Because, you know. It’s his 9 month birthday and all his toys are in storage.
He thought it was the lamest thing ever. What is the deal with toys? My child has never liked any toys I’ve bought him. I’ve tried lights, music, plastic, wooden… is there a stage where they start playing with toys more?
We’re watching the Civil War football game tonight. Go beavers!!
What a perfect day for my sweet boy to turn 9 months old. It’s game day. He’s wearing orange and black. It was sunny and cold in Alaska today. And we went to Target. Now if the beavs can just pull off a win it will be a perfect ending!
9 Month Stuff:
- He is waking up usually 2x/night. He still thinks he is a newborn. Before we left he was doing great. He was waking up once around 3am but I wasn’t feeding him. I would go in every few minutes and soothe him and give him his pacifier. He would go back to sleep pretty quick. With the moving his schedule got all messed up. He’s now sleeping in his pack n’ play and/or with us and wakes up 2-3 times a night. Because we’re staying with people I can’t really let him cry long because I don’t want to wake the whole house up. So, I have been getting him as soon as I hear him which now has sort of put us back at the beginning. I figure by the time he’s sleeping through the night I’ll have a real newborn. So whatever.
- He loves food. His favorites are cheese, apples, avocados, bread, green beans, bananas, and he loves water. He is a pretty good eater, but only eats solids twice a day. We’re going to start on three very soon! Sometimes he is more interested in it than other days, so I don’t force it.
- He hates toys. He doesn’t like toys. What are toys and who invented them? His mother buys him toys to try and keep him occupied for 5 minutes and he laughs. He loves crawling, getting into the dog’s water bowl, trying to get the cords, pulling DVD’s off the shelf and eating newspapers. He’s a simple kid.
- He hates the car seat. Still!
- He is (about) 19 pounds.
- He loves the Beavers.
- He is going to be a football player when he grows up.
- He has two bottom teeth!
- He has been testing me lately. He knows he isn’t suppose to do certain things and he loves seeing if he can get my attention from it. He defiantly knows the word no.
- We’re still doing signs off and on. I think he almost did “more” the other day!
update: The beavers lost. We are so very sad. But my love is still a champion!