Welcome to the Body After Baby Challenge 2010! Are you ready to lose that weight you’ve been talking about and feel better about yourself? Then join us! Anyone is welcome, it doesn’t matter if your kids are a few months old or a few years old. It’s never too late.
So this year? Let’s do this thing.
Oh, and friends? I have something to tell you. Come here a little closer and I’ll whisper it in your ear.
Summer will be here before you know it.
Here’s how to sign up and some details.
1. Blog about this challenge before the start of the new year and include your goals. Be specific and measurable and write out your plan. Getting these things out on “paper” will help you see your goals. Write about why you’re joining this challenge, why do you want to lose weight or get healthier? How much do you want to lose and by when? What is your plan- how will you reach your goals? I will be doing this later in the week for myself. Feel free to get ideas or use it as an example. Once I put up my goals this week, I’ll also add a linky so you can leave your link to your goals! That way everyone can visit one another before the new year starts.
2. Add the Body After Baby button to your blog if you’d like!
3. Take your “before” pictures and measurements before the new year starts. You don’t have to put these on your blog or even show your husband. But you must do it. No excuses.
4. Every Wednesday (starting January 5th) I will put up a Linky for you to add your weekly progress post. I have found in almost all cases, that people who write about their goals, updates, failures and successes are much more likely to succeed. They keep themselves more accountable and they receive support and encouragement from each other.
If you don’t have a blog, feel free to tag along with us and visit other bloggers for ideas and inspiration!
5. This challenge will be an ongoing weekly thing. I might have specific things going on each week- if I do I will let you know about in advance. I want you to have a place to share your fitness and health goals and be held accountable each week. I want you to be open about what you’re trying to change and what you’re doing to change it. As I’ve said, support and accountability from others is huge and that’s mostly what I want this place to be for.
I hope that I can occasionally feature success stories. Sometimes hearing about a fellow mom who reached a goal can really be encouraging and inspirational!
6. Unlike the previous challenge, I will also be blogging about my Body After Baby too! I will share with you my goals and plan and updates each week on how I’m doing. I need the accountability just like you do! And apparently I’m getting pregnant in the year 2010 so I’d like to lose before I gain. Again.
I’m excited to start this again with ya’ll! Let’s have a rockin’ year!
First Linky should be up by Friday. In the meantime think about what you want to accomplish in the next couple months as far as weight loss and healthy habits go, and figure out what your plan is. You can do it!