Well, hello (almost) 2010. Hello saggy butt. Hello flabby arms. Hello stomach. You used to be smaller. Hello calf muscle. You used to be defined. Hello butt, again. My husband says you used to be perkier. (Boobs too, but that’s not my fault.) Hello legs. You used to have muscle. Hello negative eight pack. Hello pregnant 10 months ago body.
No really. You were cute for a while. During that one time when we were eating oreo’s or something. I liked you then. And that one time when I had a cute large sweater to wear over you. And yes, yes dear one, those chocolate candies are darn good. But I’m sorta sick of you. Sick of ya I say!
Sometimes when I talk to myself it makes me feel better.
Anyways, I seriously want my old body back. No no no. I mean. seriously.
My biggest challenge right now is finding the time, place and resources to work out. I don’t have a gym membership yet since the move, (goal and priority #1!) and because there is so much snow on the ground it’s not as easy to go for a walk or run with the stroller. I have to get more creative and focus on my diet more.
- Exercise (not including daily walks) a minimum of 4x/week at the gym. I’m hopefully going to get a gym membership when we get back to Alaska. I miss lifting weights terribly!
- Drink a min. of 3L of water a day
- Lose 10 pounds by March 3rd, Lucas’ first birthday. That will be hard for me, but I know I can do it if I’m consistent!
- Exercise 4 (Ideally I would love to get in 5 or 6!) days a week by going to the gym for an hour.
- Stop Snacking and eat solid meals. I snack way too much because frankly, snacking is sometimes easier when you’re a mom. I would love to get back into the habit of making a nice lunch for myself, and sitting down to eat in in silence while Lucas is napping. It’s really refreshing to me, but I often just eat something on the run.
- Carry my water bottle with me everywhere!
- Keep track of everything. I want to write down my daily eats and exercise to keep myself accountable. I did this a couple years ago, and while it gets really repetitive to write down every meal you eat, it does help! It’s also great for looking back to see what worked… or what didn’t!
This is me about 5 years ago. I was much younger and I totally look it, but I was also about 15-20 pounds smaller! That dress probably wouldn’t get past my belly button at this point. Bummer ’cause I loved that dress! This is my motivation.
What about you?
To clarify a few things, you do not need to send me any before pictures right now. This is an ongoing challenge to keep us accountable and encouraged to reach our goals. I may ask for success stories or before & after pictures in 6-8 weeks. Of course you can always post these on a blog post any week as well.
Link up and let’s get this thing started!