Did I never update you with house # 3? Forgive me!
Here’s the skinny:
About two weeks ago, we made an offer on house # 3 and they accepted! Rejoice, rejoice, bells are playing, Lucas is rocking out on the drums, I’m singing into my hairbrush, etc. We’re excited about it and can’t wait to get into it. We’re still waiting to close on it and hopefully we’ll move in next weekend!
In the meantime, I’ve been thinking about how I want to decorate! I’m going to be asking you for ideas and suggestions! Or so you can honestly tell me when something looks awful!
Once we move in I will probably do a room or area of the house 1-2/week. Or more. Or less. Or whatever my heart desires, I don’t know. I’m hoping that this will also give you ideas and inspirations for your own home! Besides just decorating, I want to talk about storage, organization tips and more. But I think the room I want to tackle first is Lucas’ room.
And I’m going to ask for your input right now!
I don’t have a pictures, but it’s your basic bedroom. 4 walls, one window, 1 closet, 1 door and tan carpet. His crib and dresser are a dark wood color. I’ll show you pictures once his furniture is and and once I’m rearranging and adding shelves and what not. But first, I need help with the paint.
I think it’s the hardest decision one ever has to make.
I went to the paint store and found some colors I like.
Here’s 46 cookies. Pick one.
I’m also thinking of doing some horizontal stripes across the room. Is that crazy??
I don’t want a lot, just a few here and there to make things fun and interesting. I don’t necessarily want a patter, I just want to go stripe crazy and see what happens. I’ve never done this before, so I don’t really know what I’m talking about. I don’t even want the entire wall covered in stripes. Maybe just a few bold stripes mixed in with some smaller ones. This is probably the only room in the house that I’ll be able to get away with adding stripes, so I want to go for it.
I put together some swaps of colors, but I don’t really like any of them.
What I want for Lucas’ bedroom (also the playroom and future shared sibling room):
- Bright but not too bright
- Fun & Simple
- Versatile- works for boys and girls
- Patters: stripes, polka dots..
What I don’t want for his bedroom:
- Too busy or distracting
- Prints like cars, dinosaurs, Winnie the Pooh, etc
- “baby- ish”
Things to keep in mind for his bedroom:
- Furniture (crib and dresser) are dark wood
- We currently don’t have any other accessories or decorations for his room, so I will base those off of whatever I paint the walls.
- We will be adding a bookshelf, either free standing or rain gutter shelves
- We will also be adding a curtain to the window
Feels too “boy.” Although I do like that dark red and blue. And that golden yellow. And the light blue.
So, my questions for you at this point.
1. Do you see any color combinations that would look good together? Looks like I might want to add some lighter colors in with a brighter color so it’s not too bright?
2. How many colors should I use? I was originally thinking 5- but maybe just 3?
3. Stripes? Yay or nay?
… any other ideas/suggestions for paint in his room?