Oh you guys. I’m in a total blog rut right now. I’m not sure what direction I want to go in, if I want to change things or leave it as is. I’m feeling uninspired lately and having trouble coming up with informative blog post that are also interesting and fun. I have so much I want to do with Mama Notes… yet.. it’s not coming to me right now.
Okay, actually, let me back up for a minute. Even though I’m in a “blog rut” (whatever that is, a hole maybe?) I have a million things I want to talk about. I’m job searching, changing my laundry routine, trying to find a day care for Lucas, figuring out what I’m going to wear this summer when my stomach is 10x the size it is now, and just a whole lot of other totally random things going on. But, like I said, I’m in a blog hole so I haven’t figured out how or when I’m going to present these things to you.
It’s suspenseful. I’m leaving you on the edge of your seats here, I know. I’ll tell you when you should get your popcorn ready.
Here are a few things- totally random- numbered. Because I like lists.
1. This is my husband and I in Thailand, in 2006. We were newlyweds. We were on a mission trip with our Church and since we were married, we were allowed to kiss in the buss. I thought you might enjoy this picture.
Let’s just talk about it for a minute. First, look at my skirt. Isn’t it cute? I still have it. It was May when we went to Thailand and it was very hot outside. You have to dress modestly, yet reasonably to not fry your brains out. Hence my cute skirt… with crocs. I don’t remember what my logic was in wearing these. Honestly, I don’t. I think we weren’t allowed to wear flip flops, yet tennis shoes were some how not a good option either. So, I had this brilliant idea to buy my husband and I a pair of crocs – except the fake kind, whatever those are called- that we could both wear. We’re matching. Isn’t that cute.
For the record, I hate crocs. No offense to anyone who wears them, they’re just not my style.
Back to this picture.
Oh I just can’t get over it. We look like such nerds. I should write a post on Thailand. I have so cool pictures from that trip and lots of stories. I ended up in the Thailand hospital which was very exciting. I got bit by a bug and ended up in the hospital. It sounds more exciting than it was, really.
Moving on now.
2. I need to get Lucas some shoes. Is there a particular brand that is good for this age?
3. Lucas’ favorite book right now is Brown Bear Brown Bear. He is always bringing it to me and I read it over and over and over again. He’s trying to say a new word, I can’t figure out if it’s “book” or “brown” or “bear” but it’s something with a B.
4. This is what we did today. Today, present tense, March 20, 2010.
5. I have to get a new bassinet for baby #2. I’m not sure which one to get. I’d love to get a moses basket, but are they practical or just pretty? Our babies sleep with us for a while after they’re born but I like something to put next to the bed.
6. A few of you have asked me why I decided to wean Lucas at one year. I have several reasons. I’ll share some of them with you. First of all, I have no guilt about weaning him. We made it one year of breastfeeding and I’m very pleased with that and proud of us. At six weeks my goal was two months!! I stopped because 1) I was ready 2) he was ready I have a few other personal reasons which I’m going to keep personal, but the point is, we stopped because I felt like it was time. And, I’m happy with that decision.
7. Here is my whole take on following blogs. If you want to follow me, than follow me. And thank you for reading, of course! Please don’t assume that it means I’m going to automatically follow you in return. I follow blogs that I want to read. I also subscribe to a lot of blogs via RSS feed so if you don’t see me following you by google feed it doesn’t mean I’m not reading. I do follow a lot of blogs in return because I like them, but I don’t just do it automatically.
8. When you move to a new place, how do you find a new Church? I think that’s so hard! We haven’t found a church we like up here yet and it’s been hard for us. How do you do this? It’s weird “sampling” churches.
9. My husband and I watched the movie Couples Retreat last night. It’s a fun movie if you’re looking for one to watch.
10. I think I’ve convinced Lucas that strawberries are candies. PLUS 20 POINTS FOR ME!
11. Here is a moose that was in our backyard the other day.
Happy day to you.