Oh October. How I welcome you with open (excited/anxious/crazy) arms!
I love October for several reasons. October = Fall. And I love Fall.
Fall = football. And I love football.
Fall = rain. And I love rain. It’s been raining here the last several days, and snow is predicted to start within the next several weeks.
October = two months away from Christmas. DON’T EVEN GET ME STARTED.
October = having a baby and not being pregnant anymore. And I love having a baby!
I am 37 weeks today. I really can’t believe it. Full term, baby! Baby! How many of you have been following me along since I found out I was pregnant? Does it feel like it’s been 37 weeks? Doesn’t that sound like a lot of weeks?! Someone at my work the other day said man, it feels like you’ve been pregnant for a long time!
Ohhh, does it now? I love that.
I know it’s not very good, but this is the best picture I could get this morning. I asked Lucas to touch my belly and he told me no. So that’s that. My belly is large and in charge, so don’t mess with it.
Since we’re getting down to the final days here, I added a fun little poll to my sidebar if you want to play. Guess the gender of this baby and when you think he or she will make his arrival!
Oh and also, thank you – thank you– so much for your comments left on my last post. You are great readers, er friends (who I haven’t met yet) to me! I’m already feeling better and more at peace with things. I had a great talk last night with the Lord and our enemy. 🙂
On my to do list:
- Buy a bassinet- I’m thinking the Arms Reach Co Sleeper. Thoughts? I’ve been keeping my eyes open on craigslist hoping to find a good deal.
- A good nursing tank- I’m thinking the Bravado. Thoughts?
- Get out a few baby things from storage
- Buy a twin bed for Lucas. What do you think? He is in his crib now and we don’t have plans of taking him out of it for a while. We thought we would just buy the mattress and have it on the floor for him to get used to it until we’re actually ready to make the transition. Thoughts?
- Pack my/baby/Lucas bag
- Get a massage and spend some alone time at the bookstore this weekend!!!
So, I’m having a baby in October. What are your plans?