Well folks, another year has gone by. Oh my gravy. I can’t believe I have an almost two year old!
Every so often, I love to look back at old posts that I’ve wrote. It’s so fun (and crazy!) to see how fast Lucas has grown, what he used to look like, the things he was playing with and learning at the time, and to remember how I was experiencing it. I love blogging because of that!
I have also, seriously, learned so much by blogging and having people like you read and leave comments. Sometimes the comments themselves are better than my post! Especially with my Ask the Moms series (which I’m going to start back up again) the comments you guys leave are so helpful to not only me, but everyone else that reads them. I am always going back to re-read the comments!
I want to say a big fat THANK YOU to each of you who read my blog and leave comments. I truly am thankful and appreciative of all of you and I want you to know that! So thank you!!!
I’d love to share with you some of my favorite post throughout the year. Some are the most popular (as far as page views and comments go) while others are just some of my favorite memories of being a mom. There are also several that I have learned so much from. So much as changed since I wrote some things and it’s interesting to see that! (And to look back and think what was I thinking??! Ha.) I hope that some of these are helpful or encouraging to you, too!
- Ask the Moms: When Did You Transition to a Toddler Bed? :: I wrote this back in March and it’s still so relevant to me today, because Lucas is still in his crib! I don’t know when we are going to move him into his big bed, but it will still probably be a while. Loved reading the comments on this one!
- Choosing Montessori School for Our Toddler :: We still plan on putting Lucas in a Montessori school, but not yet. When I wrote this post in June we had plans to put him in late this winter, however we’ve decided not to right now because it’s way too expensive for us.
- Tasting Snow :: This was Lucas’ first time in the snow. Oh my goodness I’m so glad I got these pictures to remember this! He feel face first in it and it was just the cutest thing!
- Rain Gutter Bookshelves :: A very popular post! I looove these bookshelves. I want to put some in the boys room (we re-arranged recently) eventually. I’ve got to convince my husband on that one. 🙂
- Getting Rid of the Pacifier :: Lucas is almost two and still has the pacifier for naps and car rides…
- Looking Back on Thoughts of Being a Working Mom :: I wish I titled that a “working outside the home mom” instead, because we are all working moms! I worked full time this summer (outside the home :)) and as I talked about in this post, I wasn’t sure if I would work after Joshua was born. I am now currently working part time (about 20 hours a week) evenings and weekends so the boys are with my husband while I’m gone. I pump milk for Joshua to have while I’m away or my husband brings him to me at work. I’ll talk more about going back to work at another time!
- How I Met My Husband :: We recently celebrated our five year wedding anniversary and this was fun to read over again.
- A Cookie Please :: I so enjoyed this cookie at 9 months pregnant. I can’t believe I was that huge not too long ago. And now I’m craving a cookie…
- Mom Talk :: How I love mom talk! Thank you for telling me not to spaz out about planning Lucas’ first birthday party too! I will remember these things when I plan his 2nd party in a couple months!
- I am Beautiful and I Have Stretch Marks :: Eeek, I still cringe when I see a picture of myself like this on the internet and I have wanted to take it down so many times. But your encouraging comments make me keep it up there. I hope it can always be a reminder to all of us.
- Living According to His Plan :: I wrote this almost one year ago and I still struggle with this some times. (Thank you especially for the encouraging comments on this one.)