Today is February 1st (how??) and I’m ready to tackle this month. I’m excited about the goals that I’ve created for myself. I am, as I’m sure you are as well, blown away by how fast the days and months go. There are so many things I want to do but I find myself saying I can’t or won’t or it’s too hard. But then those days pass and another month has gone and I look back and think, that went SO fast! I COULD have done it! So that is my new reminder to myself.
I’m sharing these goals as an encouragement (hopefully) and also to keep myself accountable!
Here are my personal goals for myself:
- No chocolate I know. I’m killing myself. I might wilt away without it. BUT I am reminding myself- time goes by so fast- before I know it February will be over. I know it’s been said not to cut things out completely as it will just lead to more temptation.. but this is what works for me.
- Run 4-5 days a week. I (just decided two days ago) am training for a half marathon (13.1 beauuutiful miles) in June. So I need to start running. Ha!
- Blog 1-2x/day. For personal journaling reasons and to document my kids lives. I also want to blog more about my daily meals and exercises occasionally. This certainly will not become a food blog or anything of that nature, but I think for accountability it will be fun to share workouts here and there.
- Study for two hours a day. Long story short, I have a degree in health and I’ve always wanted to be a personal trainer. I bought the book to study (to take the test and become certified in personal training) four years ago and it’s been sitting in my closet. My goal is to actually study and become a personal trainer sometime within the next 6 months. So studying it is! Thankfully things are coming back to me fairly quickly because of my degree and experience working in gyms. Oh, and I know two hours might seem like a lot, but because of early bedtimes and late(r) wake up times with Lucas (usually sleeps 730pm-830ish am) I have plenty of time to study. I just have to do it.
- Get up in the morning. Have I ever told you how much I love sleeping? I could sleep 12 hours a night if I had no children or a life. I want to get up around 7 or 7:30 every morning so I have some time to myself to blog, read, study, or get dressed (what a concept!) for the day. I might do some light cleaning if needed but I refuse to start my morning spending an hour cleaning. That’s why I try to get most things done before I go to bed.
I’ve also set some family/Lucas goals and plans for this month.
- 20-30 minutes family reading time before Lucas’ bed. Honestly, we’ve been slacking on this the last few weeks. Lucas isn’t too into books lately and I’ve been trying to get to the gym at night so bedtimes haven’t involved much reading. But tonight we all sat in Lucas’ room and read stories together. Not only is reading awesome but this is really our only time as a family.
- Get outside every day- even if it’s only for 15 minutes. Walking to and from the car while running errands does not count. 🙂
- 3 meals and snack- at the table. I am done with walking around the house eating your food. If you want food, you sit at the table. That’s my new rule.
- A 30 minute movie 3 days a week max. We do pretty good with this. However, Lucas has recently became obsessed with the Leap Frog Letter Factory movie and is actually asking to watch it. For us, a short movie three days a week is all you get. At least right now.
- Swimming night once a week. I’m so excited for this! We are going to go swimming as a family (ah crap I have to wear a swimsuit. I’m totally going to rock the maternity one.) once a week at our local gym. Great family time + swimming = lots of fun, healthy exercise and learning to love/swim in water!