There is like some sort of freak wind storm going on here. This morning it was pretty bad, with winds some places up to 80 miles an hour (??!!) but it has calmed down in my neck of the woods. The electricity at my Thomas’s school went off, and you can imagine how much fun that was. Ha. They got the generator on eventually, I guess, and now the kids are all going crazy with energy and excitement.
The tress by our house were going pretty wild this morning, I was a little worried at some points, but I figured we would be fine. Another day at home, though. Heck no was I taking my kids out in winds that strong, I’d be nervous my car would blow off the road! I guess it’s leftovers or mac n’ cheese or… something for dinner tonight. I should probably get on that now, actually…
I have to work in a couple hours, but I wanted to share some thoughts/questions I have with you. They have been lingering in the back of my head for a while now, so here they are, all in one jumble. 🙂
- Do you have an emergency fund set up? What about food supplies, extra flashlights, etc? This morning got me thinking… if my power were to go out, would I be prepared? What if we were without electricity for a day, or several days- would we be ready with enough food, water, clothes, batteries, etc? My answer was no.
- The first thing I did this morning when I woke up and saw/heard about the wind storm was start a load of diaper laundry and run the dishwasher. If the power went out, at least I knew those things would be clean!
- I have to get another car seat soon, and I can’t decided what to do. I am all about rear facing, but I don’t know about doing it past the 35 pound mark — Lucas’s Marathon (Britax) that he’s in currently, has a rear facing limit of 35 pounds. He’s at 30 right now, so we will turn him around soon, unless we get him another seat that rear faces longer. I think we might just turn him around and then get another seat for Joshua. Maybe even another Marathon, ours seems to be great so far!
- I really hope the weather gets better before my race on Saturday morning.
- I’m not really worried about the distance (6.2miles) but the fact that on Friday night I work till 10pm, which means I don’t get home and into bed till 11. And the race starts at 8am I think, I have to be there at 7am, and I don’t even know where it’s at! I’m going to have to get up early!!
- Have you seen the movie 127 Hours? I am fascinated by it. So crazy, I can’t even imagine.
- Joshua is up 363,74 times a night. Last night he was wide awake, again, from like 3-5am or something ridiculous like that. I have to say, for those of you who have babies that sleep in their own room and wake up a lot at night, how do you do it?? It is SO much easier having him in bed with me, and I don’t lose as much sleep that way. I don’t know why I ever did the struggle with Lucas of having him in his own room and making the trek across the hall several times a night. If I would have known, or realized, I would have kept him in bed with me till he was done nursing.
- I really want some hershey kisses. Damn those things.
- Oh, I really do want to start another Body After Baby Challenge. I just haven’t had the time/energy/thought/motivation to sit down and write the post. I am thinking an 8 week-er, starting April 18th. Put it in your calendar and I promise next week I’ll get up a post about it.