We are traveling this summer to see friends and family back “home.” I’m so excited! We’ll be away from home for 2.5 weeks. Two plane flights, one eight hour drive, and staying in (at least) 3 different houses/rooms in total.
…. which means I have a lot of questions for you. 😉
Don’t worry, I’m already planning on going into it with a relax state of mind and a “go with a flow” attitude. I’m not expecting anything in particular and I’ll be as chill as possible.
Here are some things I’m thinking of:
- Bring extra clothes on the airplane. I know, it’s a no brainer.
- Lots of snacks – even some new ones they haven’t had before but I know they’ll like
- New toys — but what?? They are hard to please with toys. They think toys belong outside.
- ID of each kid — I think the DMV does this?? I need to do that this week.
- We are thinking of driving during the day and making a day trip out of it. Stopping a lot of times.. but it IS 8 hours of car time. PLUS all the stopping time, so not sure.
- We plan on bringing our two car seats, our stroller and of course our baby carrier. I guess we’ll just buy a pack n’ play when we get there or something for Joshua to sleep in, and Lucas will sleep in our bed I guess? Three people in a queen size bed.. mm I might sleep on the floor. ha! Joshua is almost too big for the pack n’ play too. Hm.
- New books for the airplane
- Buy the same toy X 2 so they don’t fight over what the other person has
- DVD player for Lucas — what new movie should I get them??
- New music CD for the car
- Matching bright t-shirts for when we’re in the airport and other really crowded places.